22 Jan 2015

Free Printable Birthday Cards!


The holiday season is over, the new year has come and one of the things that means is: birthdays. Now we all get to start fresh and begin a new round of celebration. Birthdays in my family start in late January, so I thought I'd make some of my own cards and share them! They're very simple with a watercolour texture, and I made five different colours to suit any birthday occasion.


What you'll need:
  • A4 card or thick photo paper. I used 250gsm glossy photo paper, which I think has a really nice professional effect.
  • Scissors
  • A butterknife or scoring knife
  • A ruler
  • A printer (duh)
What to do:
  1. Download the card you want from the links below.
  2. Put your card or photo paper in your printer and adjust the print and paper settings accordingly.
  3. After your printout has dried, cut out around the card. Cut on the inside of the grey lines to get rid of them and make it look cleaner.
  4. Place your ruler alongside the centre dotted lines and take your butterknife or scoring knife. Use the blunt edge and run the knife along the line. This will make it easier to fold.
  5. Gently fold along the line using the subtle crease you just made.
  6. Trim off any overhanging bits if there are any.
  7. DONE!!
I hope you guys like these! If you end up using them, I would love it if you tagged me on Instagram or Twitter (both @laurenies) and show me your results! Have fun!

Links:


Credit where credit is due:

No comments:

Post a Comment