7 Mar 2015

Summer Instagram Roundup

Instagram is one of my favourite things. I love pictures and visuals, and I think expressing yourself and documenting your life with them is really cool. I'm not super duper active on Insta (I usually only post when something exciting happens, which isn't all that often), but when I do post, I like to share things that I'm proud of. In this roundup, I've only selected a few photos of things that I was really excited about over summer, so if you want to see more, check out my Instagram @laurenies!!


1. We had a very stormy December last year. December for me now is a rest month, for the most part, so having it storm while I was snugged up inside was so lovely. I do love a good storm.

2. I love baking, but I don't get to do it all that much, either because of a lack of time or ingredients. But I of course found time to make Taylor Swift's sugar cookies. It took me a while and my legs hurt a bit afterwards from standing for so long, but it was worth it. Sugary goodness.

3. It rained on Christmas Day for the second year in a row. I adore rainy Christmases, especially living in Australia where it's usually hot and humid and gross. The rain is as close to a white Christmas as we're ever gonna get.

4. I got my second piercings done! I got my firsts done when I was 10, and had thought about getting my seconds done but never got round to it. I really like them (especially now that I can change them), so better late than never.


5. I love Sydney, but I never take the trip into the CBD without reason. I think it makes it a little more special. Hyde Park is one of my favourite places to go after shopping.

6. I'm a Japanese major at university, and I constantly need to be doing reading/writing/listening practice so everything I've learnt doesn't fall out of my brain. I found this issue of ELLE Japan and snatched it up, and it's really being helping with some reading. It probably helps that I love ELLE already anyway.

7. I cut my hair! Anyone who knows me knows that this is a pretty big deal. I've had super long hair since I was six years old. But I finally decided that it was time for something new and just went for the chop! I feel like I've had time to grow into it now, and I've even had more cut off since this photo was taken.

8. We got a new dog! Her name is Rosie, she's turning 7 this year and is a toy poodle (just like our other two dogs). We adopted her from a family that couldn't look after her as well as we could, and I'm glad we did because she's such a sweetie.

That's it for the roundup, but one other thing that happened over summer was the start of uni for the year. You've probably noticed that I've been posting a bit less as I try to get into a routine and perfect my time management. I'm not gonna make any promises because uni can be busy and stressful, but I will of course put some things up when I find the time.

I hope you all had good summers (or winters, depending on where are in the world)!

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment