7 Aug 2015

Fruity Phone Case Design + Free Wallpapers!

Today is finally the day that I share something that I've been keeping under my belt for a few weeks now: I've opened a RedBubble account!

I was looking around for a potential new phone case a couple of months ago, and I couldn't find the one that I had in mind. There were of course a lot of really beautiful cases that I would be happy to own, but sometimes I just get stuck on an idea. So, just as they say, sometimes the best way to do it is to do it yourself.

The concept I had in mind was on inspired by the Joanna Newsom song 'Peach, Plum, Pear'. With Joanna Newsom being as underground as she is (I feel like a complete prick typing that, but there is truth there), there wasn't really anything available. So I sat down with my watercolours and banged something out. With my scanner and the help of Photoshop, I worked it into a pattern.


I made some cute tablet, phone and desktop wallpapers (that you can download below) with it to experiment, and I really like how they turned out! I always think that if you keep going back to look at something you've made, you can be confident about doing a good job.


I decided on RedBubble for my designs because it's convenient (they make all the products themselves) and their items are really good quality. I have phone cases from RedBubble and they've never even so much as scratched, so you can be sure you're getting your money's worth. They also print works onto a bunch of other products like tote bags and notebooks if things like that take your fancy.

I really enjoyed the process of making these little things, and I'll surely be making more in the future, so keep checking back!

You can take a look at the phone case above here and download the wallpapers for free at these links:


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment